• Got a call from my “alley pal” Linda on the 6th (she was going to be out of town this week, but wanted to rub it in).
• Mimsey sent me a beautifully designed card with a cool quote from Rumi on it; will have to find a place to hang it up.
• Then got a text from Sylvia in Santa Cruz (I’ve known her since 1949!) — followed by a “gift” of “virtual roses” from her garden.
• Then Mimsey called, but I was heading into the subway with Joanne, who kindly took me for a fabulous lunch at Mon Petit Café on the UES. We came back to my place for chocolate ice cream sodas (with vanilla ice cream, natch).
• Then Inge called from Chicago: she came here on the SS Leonardo da Vinci in 1961 (I think), and we’ve been friends ever since.
• Ronan called, which made my day, as well.
• Also heard from Tony, who is taking me out for dinner (at Mon Petit Café) on Thursday, 7/10, and had already given me a bottle of Jack Daniels last week (I’ve pretty much killed it!)
• Talked to Mimsey again on the 8th — and all’s right with the world!
• Got a Skype from Fred James on the 9th, but I was in NYU’s Dental School, so had to miss it.
Can’t ask for more than that! Almost all of my best kindergarten buddies remembered me, and I really had fun.
Not bad for 69!